Earlier this year I released two new security plugins to the WordPress plugin library; Better Passwords and Better Headers. I then followed that up a couple of months later with an announcement of a third plugin; Better Detection. These are all available for free from the WordPress plugin library.
Today I am announcing that since then I have been working on a new security plugin, which will be called Better Security Pro.
This will combine the functionality of the existing plugins, as well as improving them in places, and also add a few new features, including…
- Check PHP version is up to date
- Check WordPress version is up to date
- Check for known vulnerabilities in currently installed WordPress version
- Check installed themes are up to date
- Check for known vulnerabilities in all currently installed themes
- Check installed plugins are up to date
- Check for known vulnerabilities in all currently installed plugins
As with Better Detection, all issues are flagged in the admin panel, as well as notifications optionally sent via email and/or Slack.
Many more features are planned, but I wanted to get the plugin out there as soon as possible, rather than wait until all the features had been added. For this reason, whilst this new plugin will require a paid API key to fully function, anyone signing up to be a beta tester will receive a free lifetime licence. That’s right, free for life!
If you’re interested, please email [email protected] to register your interest.
New website coming soon at https://bettersecurity.co – watch this space!